Factory-built homes have built-in advantages.
Over the years, advances in construction processes and technology have improved home building. Houses no longer have to be built on site where contractor delays and exposure to weather are all too common. Now, it’s possible to build a safe, high-quality home in an environment-controlled factory. And families just like yours are buying factory-built homes and enjoying the many benefits.
Modular home facts
- Modular homes appraise the same as their on-site built counterparts do; they do not depreciate in value.
- Modular homes can be customized.
- Most modular home companies have in-house engineering departments that utilize CAD (Computer Aided Design).
- Modular home designs vary in style and size.
- Modular construction can be used for commercial applications, including office buildings.
- Modular homes are permanent structures — “real property.”
- Modular homes can be built on crawl spaces and basements.
- Modular homes are considered a form of green building.
- Modular homes are faster to build than 100 percent site-built homes.
- Home loans for modular homes are the same as site-built homes.
- Insurance premiums for modular homes are the same as site-built homes.
- Taxes on modular homes are the same as site-built homes.
- Modular homes can be built to withstand 175-mph winds.
- Modular homes can be built for accessible living and designed for future conveniences.